Tickets will go on sale beginning on Sunday, Jan. 5.
A total of 65 films -- including 52 features -- will be shown at seven venues throughout the metro Atlanta area.
That represents an increase of 25 percent in the number of showings from 2013, and further adds to the festival's status as the largest film festival in Atlanta and the second-largest Jewish film festival in the world.
The festivities kick off with an Opening Night Gala at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre, featuring a screening of the Polish drama "Run Boy Run."
“Every year we strive to make the festival better for our audience,” said Kenny Blank, executive director of the Atlanta Jewish Film Festival. “The 2014 Atlanta Jewish Film Festival represents a huge leap forward in meeting the overwhelming demand and improving the quality of the festival. Festivalgoers will have more opportunities to see the most sought after films than ever before. We want everyone to experience these meaningful and entertaining films that might not ever play in Atlanta otherwise.”
The other venues include the following:
- Tara Cinemas 4, 2345 Cheshire Bridge Road, Atlanta;
- Regal North Point Market 8, 6500 North Point Parkway, Alpharetta;
- Lefont Sandy Springs, Sandy Springs Circle Between Cliftwood Drive and Hammond Drive, Sandy Springs;
- Westside Cultural Arts Center, 760 10th St., Atlanta;
- Regal Atlantic Station, 261 19th St., Atlanta;
- Woodruff Arts Center, 1280 Peachtree St., Atlanta.
For a complete listing of the festival schedule, show times and ticket information, visit the AJFF website.