Rocky Mount Elementary School
Rocky Mount is a place where individuality is encouraged and respected. The school partners with the community to provide each child with positive stepping stones to the future.
The school believes in the following:
Education is the shared responsibility of the school, family, and community.
All students and staff have the right to be accepted as unique individuals and treated with respect.
Cultural diversity should be valued.
Student achievement is maximized in a positive, safe and secure environment.
High expectations challenge all students to their maximum potential.
Education should foster creativity and curiosity.
Students should experience success daily.
A healthy self-esteem should be encouraged.
Education should be performance based and related to real life experiences.
Learning is a life-long process.
All children can learn.
- Fax: 770-591-5041
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:45am - 2:10pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There is designated parking and ramps.
- Founding Date: 1977
- Number of students: 593
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 12:1
- Parking: Free lot
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Rocky Mount School believes that education is the shared responsibility of the school, family and community. Cultural diversity should be valued.
- Grade levels: Pre-K, K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library
- Student clubs: Spanish, gardening, computer, soccer, cheerleading, science, drama, scouts, kids' chess, WRM-TV News