Kell High School
Carlton J. Kell High School was named for Carlton "Corky" Kell, a highly respected coach and athletic director for the Cobb County School District. Coach Kell is best remembered for his excellence as the football coach of Wheeler High School where he coached for eight seasons. Kell High School is located in northeastern Cobb County on approximately sixty-four acres. The school offers a broad spectrum of learning opportunities. Core curriculum courses are complimented by an array of fine arts programs, vocational programs, foreign language courses, honors and advanced placement offerings, and athletic activities. The mission of Kell High School is to develop responsible citizens equipped with the necessary communication skills in a nurturing and secure environment to be productive in a changing and diverse society.
- Fax: 678-494-7846
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:20am - 3:30pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There is reserved parking and a ramp.
- Founding Date: 2002
- Number of students: 1,749
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 12:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: 9, 10, 11, 12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and more
- Extracurricular activities available: Anime, AVID, Beta, Book Club, Computer, Cultural Diversity, Dance, Debate/Forensics, Drama, Environmental, language clubs, Hiking and Camping, Humanitarian and more
- Student clubs: Family, Career and Community Leaders of America, Future Business Leaders of America and more
- Sports teams: Basketball, Golf, Tennis, Baseball, Track, Cheerleading, Lacrosse, Volleyball, Cross country, Soccer, Wrestling, Football, Fastpitch and Swim and Dive.