Davis Elementary School
Milton Davis Elementary School is named after Milton Davis who lived in Cobb County from 1853 until he died in the early 1900s. He was a farmer, cotton gin and mill owner and a carpenter. Davis was a trustee of the former Pleasant Grove School and his family has continued to be active in Cobb County education for generations.
All students in grades K-5 receive instruction in language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, and health, as well as art, music, and physical education.
The administration and staff at Davis have worked to create an environment open to parental participation. The Davis PTA is well supported, with objectives focusing on support of families and the education of all students.
- Fax: 678-494-7638
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 3:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Designated parking and ramps
- Founding Date: 1987
- Number of students: 553
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 12:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 46
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Science lab
- Extracurricular activities available: An After School Program from 2:30pm - 6pm, Instrumental Music Program
- Sports teams: Physical Education, Home of the Tigers
- Student clubs: Chorus, Art, Athletic and Drama Clubs, 5th grade Safety Patrol, Student Council and 3rd grade Tiger Club