Blackwell Elementary School
Blackwell's Consolidated School was founded in 1927. In 1998-99, a new building was constructed and marked the beginning of a new era at Blackwell Elementary School. The current building is a split-level structure with kindergarten, first and second grades housed on the lower level and third through fifth grades on the upper level. The general administration is located on the main level along with the media center, dining room and music and art classrooms.
Many historic school artifacts and pictures are showcased in the lobby. Blackwell Elementary believes this emphasis on the old, in conjunction with the new, heightens and enriches the school's unique heritage.
Blackwell Elementary School prepares students for the future. Its mission is to establish a strong, cooperative foundation for lifelong learning by nurturing, guiding and challenging students to achieve their maximum potential.
- Fax: 678-494-7602
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30 am - 3pm
- Handicap Accessible: Designated parking and ramps are available.
- Founding Date: 1927
- Number of students: 727
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 12:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Pre-K to Grade 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library
- Sports teams: Home of the Blackwell Bulldogs. Physical education and track.