With New Year's festivities approaching, Amica Insurance offers tips on being a responsible host and preventing irresponsible behavior from Mothers Against Drunk Driving:
- Have nonalcoholic options or “mocktails” available for guests who don’t want to consume alcohol.
- If planning to serve alcoholic punch, use fruit juice or other noncarbonated bases. Alcohol is absorbed into the blood faster if it’s combined with a carbonated base.
- Serve food so guests can avoid drinking on an empty stomach.
- Playing games is a great way to keep guests entertained so that they limit their alcohol consumption.
- Everyone in attendance should designate a driver who has not been drinking.
- Have the phone number of a taxi company available for anyone who needs a ride, or offer guests who have been drinking to stay overnight.