Three Northeast Cobb high sports teams advanced in the Georgia High School Association playoffs Tuesday.
The busiest and most successful school was :
- The boys lacrosse team reached the AAAAA quarterfinals with a dominant home win over , 12-4. A big third quarter extended the Trojans’ 5-1 halftime lead to 11-3, according to the Lassiter Athletics Twitter feed. They’ll be home Friday night against East Coweta.
- The boys soccer team also was dominant, rolling to a 4-1 win at in the AAAAA playoffs. The Warriors scored first, The Marietta Daily Journal reported, but the Trojans got first-half goals from Clay Dimick, Brandon Barbero and Will Robinson and a clincher from Robbie Cutchin with 12 minutes left in the win. They’ll play at in the quarterfinals Friday.
- The boys tennis team’s season came to an end with a 3-1 quarterfinal loss at home to Alpharetta. “This was the best season for our varsity boys in many years,” reads a note on the Lassiter Tennis website. “Way to go, Trojans!”
teams went 1-1 Tuesday:
- The boys soccer team lost at home to Starr’s Mill in the AAAA tournament.
- The girls lacrosse team triumphed in a high-scoring home game against South Forsyth, 17-12, to reach the A-AAAA quarterfinals. The Lady Longhorns will play at McIntosh or be home against Decatur on Friday.
The girls lacrosse teams from and also played Tuesday, but both suffered season-ending losses on the road in Johns Creek. Sprayberry lost to , 19-9, and Pope fell to .
The continues tonight with baseball, lacrosse and soccer.
Lassiter and Pope host baseball doubleheaders. The Trojans play in a best-of-three series at 5 p.m., while the Greyhounds take on Northgate at 4:15.
The Lassiter girls are at home against in the AAAAA lacrosse playoffs at 8 p.m., and Pope's boys host in the A-AAAA playoffs at 7:30.
In girls soccer, Lassiter is home at 6 p.m. against , and Pope hosts McIntosh at 5:30. Kell, meanwhile, travels to Fayette County to play Whitewater at 6:30.