Shiloh Road at Shallowford Road Construction
- Shiloh/Shallowford Road from Wade Green Road to Canton Road – Monday, Oct. 7 through Friday, Oct. 11. Expect periodic lane closures 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. with one lane open while the contractor continues grading, installing storm drainage crossings, concrete curb and utilities relocating services. EXPECT DELAYS
New Chastain Road Westbound Bridge Replacement
- New Chastain Road over Noonday Creek - Monday, Oct. 7 through Friday, Oct. 11. Contractor will shift one lane of traffic onto the new westbound bridge providing one lane on each bridge. Work will continue on the roadway approaches including grading, placing curb and beginning asphalt paving. EXPECT DELAYS
Shallowford Road Sidewalk Construction
- Tanbark Place to Blackwell Road - Monday, Oct. 7 through Friday, Oct. 11. Contractor will continue installing storm drainage and placing concrete curb and sidewalk.
Old Sewell Road Sidewalks Construction
Holt Road to Old Canton Road - Monday, Oct. 7 through Friday, Oct. 11. Contractor will continue wall construction and installing water main. Utilities will be relocating services.
Asphalt paving operations – which include lane closures though one lane will remain open at all times – are **scheduled next week, (Monday, Oct. 7 through Friday, Oct. 11), on the following road: EXPECT DELAYS
• Bells Ferry Road from Cobb Parkway to Interstate-575 Bridge
• Kurtz Road from Bells Ferry Road to Canton Road
• Sewell Mill Road from Roswell Road to Johnson Ferry Road
** The above scheduled work is subject to change due to weather or construction progress.
Roswell Road (SR 120) construction-GDOT
Providence Road to Robinson Road – Periodic lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with one lane remaining open in each direction at all times. EXPECT DELAYS
Canton Road Bridge over US 41 (North Cobb Parkway)- GDOT
Canton Road between Sawyer Road and the ramp to Cobb Parkway was reopened to traffic Thursday Oct. 3. The closure was to replace the Canton Road bridge and also the rail road bridge over U.S.41 / SR 3. This project will also realign Industrial Park Drive and Elizabeth Street to make intersection improvements. For more info, visit the County’s Road Status Information System at: http://www.cobbgis.org:81/CobbCountyRoadClosuresPublic/public/