Cobb County Sheriff Neil Warren was winning another term late Tuesday night, seemingly beating Democrat Gregory Gilstrap.
Warren, a Republican, led by almost 60 percent with partial precincts reporting. That's the same percentage that Warren beat Gilstrap in 2008.
The sheriff’s race was one of only a few contested races in Cobb County. Many elections were decided in the primary.
Also on Tuesday, U.S. Rep. Tom Price was re-elected to represent Georgia's 6th District in Congress. The Roswell Republican, whose district includes Northeast Cobb, defeated Democrat Jeff Kazanow with roughly 63 percent of the vote.
Warren was sworn-in as interim sheriff in December 2003, following the previous sheriff’s resignation. He was first elected as the county’s 42nd sheriff in November 2004.
Warren oversees a department where duties include courthouse security, county jail operations and executing criminal warrants. In 2011, Warren said deputies served more than 24,000 criminal warrants, over 45,000 civil processes including court orders, and transported more than 200 inmates to court daily.
County offices up for election with only one candidate and presumed winner include:
- Tax Commissioner – Gail Downing, Republican incumbent
- Surveyor – Donald Perryman, Republican incumbent
- Chief Magistrate – Frank Cox, Republican incumbent
- Clerk of State Court of Cobb County – Diane B. Webb, Republican incumbent; Angie Davis, chief deputy
- Chairman Board of Commissioner – Tim Lee, Republican incumbent
- Cobb County Commissioner Dist. 2 - Bob Ott, Republican incumbent
- Cobb County Commissioner Dist. 4 - Lisa Cupid, Democrat
- Cobb County School Board Dist. 1 – Randy Scamihorn, Republican
- Cobb County School Board Dist. 3 – David Morgan, Democrat incumbent
- Cobb County School Board Dist. 5 – David Banks, Republican incumbent
- District Attorney for the Cobb County Judicial Circuit – Vic Reynolds, Republican
- Judge of the Probate Court – Kelli Wolk, Republican incumbent
- Clerk of Superior Court – Rebecca Keaton, Republican
For more updated Cobb elections results, visit the Georgia Secretary of State's elections page.