From a press release:
St. Andrew United Methodist Church will host its Spring 2013 Everything for Children Consignment Sale on Friday, March 8 from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Saturday, March 9 from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
“In all the years we have been holding the Everything for Children Consignment Sales, we have always received a tremendous positive response from the community,” said Lisa Springer, director of program ministries at St. Andrew UMC. “Local families greatly appreciate the opportunity to purchase quality, gently used clothing, furniture, and other children’s items from local families who have taken good care of the things we allow to be put on sale.” The sale will feature items such as:
- Spring and Summer clothing in sizes infant – 16.
- Junior and Maternity in GREAT CONDITION
- Complete games and puzzles.
- Toys, books, DVDs, CDs, and bikes in good condition.
- Baby equipment and children’s furniture (no "drop-side" cribs will be accepted).
- Gently worn shoes.
“We have stringent quality control measures in place to ensure that items sold at our consignment sale are in excellent condition,” Springer added. “So everyone who shops here can have confidence that they will get good quality as well as great bargains on the clothing, furniture, and other items that they purchase here. For example, we test all items for lead content to minimize the danger that children could be exposed to this harmful substance.”
St. Andrew UMC’s quality control measures ensure that buyers will NOT find any of the following items at the Everything for Children Consignment Sale:
- Items containing lead and/or recalled items
- Stained items, missing buttons or broken zippers
- Outdated clothing
- Clothing that smells like smoke or mold
- Car seats, mattresses and underwear
- Toys and puzzles missing pieces
- VHS tapes or any R-rated movies
- Stuffed animals
- Touch and Feel Books
- Handmade/homemade furniture, bedding decorations
- Grab bags/miscellaneous bags.
“Anyone who wishes to buy or sell items at the Everything for Children Consignment Sale will find a complete list of our rules and requirements posted on the St. Andrew UMC web site at http://www.thepumpinchurch.org/,” Springer said. “In order to participate, all sellers must register and order labels online by noon on Monday, March 5.”