1. A wet afternoon and evening could await us today, the National Weather Service says, with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today after 2 p.m. and a 30 percent chance tonight until 2 a.m. The high will be about 82, and the overnight low will be around 60. Winds could gust to 15 mph.
2. Superintendent Michael Hinojosa is scheduled to visit for a at 4:30 p.m. today.
3. Feeling deprived after going a week without a football game? If you have Comcast, you can relive the home football experience from the Sept. 16 game against , which the Yellow Jackets won 39-21. The Bleachers show, hosted by Wendy Adams, spent the afternoon and evening at Sprayberry and talked to coaches, administrators, parents and students. To watch the show, go to On Demand, choose Get Local ATL, then Sports, High School Sports, Bleachers Football, and select the Sprayberry-North Paulding game.
4. The meets in an agenda work session at 9 a.m. on the third floor of 100 Cherokee St. to prepare for Tuesday’s 1:30 p.m. work session and 7 p.m. regular meeting. The county Planning Commission meets in a work session at 1:30 p.m. today at 1890 County Service Pkwy. The Transit Advisory Board meets at 6:30 p.m. at 463 Commerce Dr., Suite 114. And if those government meetings aren’t exciting enough, the offers unlimited rides for $15 today; the fair is open 4 to 11 p.m.
5. If you’re a fan of Food Network, you probably watched the Lime Truck win the second Great Food Truck Race on Sunday night. If that series whetted your appetite for gourmet food trucks, you’re in luck. Paper Mill Village brings back food truck night to the shopping center at Paper Mill and Johnson Ferry roads this evening, this time with more food trucks than at the first food truck night last month and with a DJ playing music. The food trucks scheduled include Yumbii, Tex’s Tacos, Hail Caesar and Pressed for Time. The fun starts at 5.