Makes 6 servings.
- 6 pork rib chops, cut 3/4-inch thick (2-1/2 lb.)
- 15 ounce can Mexican-style or Tex-Mex-style chili beans
- 1 1/4 cups bottled salsa
- 1 cup fresh* or frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
1. Trim excess fat from chops. Place chops in the bottom of a 4-quart crockery cooker. Add chili beans and salsa. Cover. Cook on high-heat for 2-1/2 hours or low-heat setting for 5 hours. W
2. Stir in corn. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer on high-heat setting.
3. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
For all-day cooking:
- Substitute 8 boneless pork chops for the 6 rib chops. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9-1/2 hours. Turn to high-heat setting and stir in corn. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer.