Did you know that St. Patrick wasn't actually Irish? According to the National Geographic, he was kidnapped at age 16, taken to Ireland, and forced into slavery tending sheep. Learn more St. Patty's day facts: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/03/110316-saint-patricks-day-2011-march-17-facts-ireland-irish-nation/
Northeast Cobb Patch's top picks for a fun St. Patrick's Day celebration:
1. Where will all the Irish people and all those who wish they were Irish be? Brewster's Bar and Grille enjoying green beer, drink specials, and corned beef and cabbage. The celebration goes beyond St. Patrick's Day, but also celebrating a lot of birthdays including Bob O's 60th. It's the only day of the year that he drinks so come help him get drunk after 6:30 p.m. DJ Mike will be in the house making sure you have a great time. 3593 Canton Road. For more information, call 770-591-1291.
2. Can you think of a better place to celebrate St. Patty's Day then our local Irish pub, Jimmy Mac's? Green beer for everyone! Enjoy 1/2 Price Rib Eye Steak $6.95 All Day, plus complimentary appetizers wings, and nachos chips and dip. DJ Patrick 'O starts at 9 p.m. 3205 Canton Rd. For more information, call 770-794-9700.
3. You won't have to sing for your supper or for green beer, but how about singing for $500? Bradley's Bar and Grill is coupling a St. Patrick's Day party with a singing contest. Studio 1 Entertainment will provide the karaoke. Singers will compete for $500! The top singers will be qualified for the finale 8 weeks later. St. Patrick's Day $3 Drinks. 4961 Lower Roswell Road. For more information, call 770-321-0108.
4. St. Patty's Party with The Border Collies - Atlanta's Best Irish Band! $3.95 20 oz Guinness, Smithwicks or Harp beer. Get a 20 oz Konig Ludwig for $4.50. Enter to win the "King of the Wing" contest! $5 Level Cocktails Two for $10 Irish Car Bombs. Wild Wings Cafe, 2145 Roswell Road. For more information, call 770-509-9464.
5. The Marietta Wine Market will conduct its fifth annual Luck of the Irish Beer Tasting from 7 to 9 p.m., featuring about 10 beers, served with corned beef and cabbage. The tasting is $10 per person and includes beer, food and a souvenir glass. The beverage menu will include an oatmeal stout, and a few India pale ales. 18 Powder Springs Street Southeast. For more information, call 770-919-1574.