1. Weather: Remember earlier this week when we said it was going to get even hotter? We weren't kidding! According to the National Weather Service, the temperature will reach 98 degrees today. Complicating matters, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has issued a code red air quality alert for areas including Northeast Cobb County, meaning the air will be unhealthy for many people. Avoid prolonged outdoor activities!
2. In Case You Missed It: through various schemes and tricks. He has been sentenced to 12 years in prison.
standout cornerback and wide receiver Brendan Langley says that , with rivals Alabama, Tennessee and South Carolina rounding out his top three.
3. Happening Now: . Northeast Cobb Patch wants to hear what you have to say about the decision and its impact. Vote in our poll and leave a comment!
4. Looking Ahead: Be on the lookout for our tips on how to stay safe during these dog days of summer. Additionally, read what one local man thinks of the local elections, the candidates and the incumbents in a hard-hitting blog post that will be run at noon today.
5. On This Date in History: On June 29, 2002, North and South Korean patrol boats exchanged gunfire along a disputed section of the Yellow Sea. North Korea and South Korea have never officially ended the 1950-53 Korean War.