1. Weather: Partly sunny skies await Northeast Cobb today, according to the National Weather Service. Expect the high temperature to be around 89 degrees, with a low tonight of 73. There is a 60 percent chance of thunderstorms throughout the day.
2. In Case You Missed It: . The state will be able to pay off its bond debt on Dec. 1, 2013, and the governor hopes to remove the tolls before the end of the month.
New graduates and the summer shutdown of schools for the month of June. The one-tenth percent increase is the first in nearly a year, but still almost a percentage point better than the 2011 level.
3. Happening Now: Head to McCollum Field at 10 a.m. to witness a ribbon cutting for a new row of hangars. The so-called "Corporate Row" will comprise of larger hangars, which will expand the airport's usefulness.
4. Looking Ahead on Northeast Cobb Patch: Where were you on July 20, 1969? Share your memories of the Moon landing or other space milestones with us later this afternoon! Closer to Earth, learn about the warning signs of heat stroke in pets at 9 a.m.
5. On This Date in History: On July 20, 1864, Confederate troops under Gen. John Bell Hood unsuccessfully launched an attack on Union Gen. William T. Sherman's army at the Battle of Peachtree Creek, near Atlanta.