1. Weather: Partly sunny skies await Northeast Cobb this Tuesday morning, with a high later today of 91 degrees according to the National Weather Service. There is a slight chance of showers or thunderstorms before 8 a.m. then a 50 percent chance after 1 p.m. This rain may bring rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, with more rain predicted after 2 a.m.
2. In Case You Missed It: when he lost control of his car and crossed into oncoming traffic on a dangerous section of Trickum Road. Two passengers in his car and the driver of the car he hit are still in the hospital.
Road work is constantly in progress in Northeast Cobb County. If you want to make sure your commute will be construction delay-free, check out our weekly road work update, courtesy of Northeast Cobb Commissioner JoAnn Birrell.
3. Happening Now: Early voting is underway for the July 31 election. If you want to avoid Election Day hassles, you can go this morning (or any weekday morning until July 27) and cast your ballot.
4. Looking Ahead on Northeast Cobb Patch: The will be holding their regulary scheduled meeting at 9 a.m. in Marietta Square. Look for a recap of the meeting tonight on all local Patch sites, including Northeast Cobb Patch.
5. On This Date in History: On July 10, 1962, NASA succesfully launched Telstar, the world's first communications satellite.