1. Cobb County Seeks Volunteer Parole Officers. The Superior Court's Volunteer Probation Officer programs seeks volunteers to help with the case load. Volunteers must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma and no criminal record. For more information about this opportunity, call 770-528-7986.
2. Cobb County Seeks a Juvenile Court's Court Appointed Special Advocate. A CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) is a trained volunteer within the community appointed by a Juvenile Court judge to advocate for the best interest of a abused or neglected child. Volunteers are needed for the next training class. For more information about this opportunity, call Carlene Redmond at 770- 528-2285.
3. Meals on Wheels. Volunteers are needed to deliver meals to approved and needy senior citizens in Cobb County. Volunteers are responsible for acting as a supporter of the program and making sure the applicants of the meals are served properly. Contact Shelia Perkins, Volunteer & Advocacy Coordinator, at 770-528-5381 for more information.
4. Cobb County Animal Shelter. The hours available to volunteer are Tuesdays - Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Sundays from 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. Volunteers are required to visit the shelter and speak to the Kennel Supervisor before they can begin volunteering. The Cobb County Animal Shelter is located at 1060 Al Bishop Dr SW, Marietta. For more information, call 770-499-4136.
5. Mt. Bethel United Methodist Church needs volunteers to serve as ushers during their 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. services. Ushers serve once a month at a time quarterly. For more information, contact Kibbie Jones at 678-560-7230.