1. It will be wet and warmer today, the National Weather Service says. Light rain is likely throughout the overcast day, and thunderstorms are possible. There’s a 20 percent chance of more rain tonight. The high will be about 81, and the overnight low will be around 64.
2. The in state House District 43 followed predictions Tuesday as and advanced to a runoff Oct. 18 by splitting 1,500 of the 2,248 votes cast, according to unofficial but complete results. You can read all about , as well as get . Which Republican will win the runoff? Let us know in the poll below.
3. Today is Alzheimer’s Action Day. The Georgia Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association is urging people to wear purple and to use the “END ALZ” logo as their Facebook profile picture to raise awareness of the disease. “Our goal is that Alzheimer’s Action Day will help us get the word out so that we can continue to provide support for patients and caregivers and fund research to cure this disease,” said Leslie Anderson, the president and CEO of the Georgia Chapter. The organization is holding an open house from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at its Perimeter Mall-area office, 41 Perimeter Center East, Suite 550.
4. The Biographies: Life Stories Through Time series examines one of the most powerful women of all time, Catherine the Great, with a free screening of a lavish biography of the 18th-century ruler, Catherine the Great, Empress of Russia, at 10 a.m.
5. It’s at , which will help families of ninth-graders start on the path toward graduation and college admission. It starts at 6:30 in the school theater. Check out Northeast Cobb Patch’s calendar for other events today.