Schools across Cobb County are kicking off the "Gimme 5 For Education" fundraising campaign for the Cobb Schools Foundation, the sole non-profit entity set up to support the Cobb County School District.
Before you donate your hard-earned money, it's natural that you would have some questions about the fundraiser and the foundation benefiting from said raised funds. Here are five things you'll be interested to learn:
1. What does the Cobb Schools Foundation Do? Among other things. tThe Foundation provides grants to Cobb County teachers, provides scholarships for in-need students, and sponsors college scholarships for Cobb high school students.
2. Will the money I donate stay at my child's school? Absolutely. When your child's school raises $250, 20 percent of that money will go back to the school. When $750 is raised, half of the money will return to the school from which it was raised.
3. Is my donation tax-deductible? Yes. The Cobb Schools Foundation's tax ID number is 58-2487501.
4. What is the minimum donation? $5 is the lowest amount of money you can donate to the Cobb Schools Foundation.
5. Can I donate online? Yes. Follow this link to donate online. You can also specify which school you would like your donation to go to, and you can submit a donation in someone's name, as well.