Invite a friend
Addison Elementary PTA Governing Meeting
|Where||Addison Elementary School 3055 Ebenezer Rd, Marietta, GA 30066|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 am–8:00 am|
More About Addison Elementary School
Addison Elementary School is named for Cobb County educator and businessman, Walter Pinkney (W. P.) Addison. W. P. Addison was an educator and a successful businessman. He was a man of vision with a strong commitment to excellence in all that he did. In the mid 1920's, the only schools in Cobb County were a few one-room school houses. Mr. Addison wanted a better educational system for his own children as well as all children throughout the county.
He contacted other prominent businessmen and proposed that a new consolidated school be built. For months, Mr. Addison and Mr. Arch McCleskey, Sr. (namesake for McCleskey Middle School) traveled throughout the state interviewing teachers. They wanted the most qualified teachers available.
Blackwell's Consolidated School (as it was originally called) first opened for the summer term on July 18, 1927.
Indoor bathrooms, a Home Economics building and an Agriculture building which included a cannery were added in the 1940's.
Addison became Georgia's first Charter School in 1995. Subsequent Charter renewals in 1998 and 2003 have ensured high academic achievement for all Addison students.Our Mission
The school's vision is to assure our citizens literate, confident children who are interested in learning by providing a relevant curriculum, facilitated by caring, lifelong learners in a child-centered environment.