School is almost out and if your summer calendar is like mine it involves a lot of outdoor fun but when a rainy day spoils your pool playdate or it's just too darn hot, head indoors to enjoy a family friendly movie. Here is a list of free or cheap seats this summer. Click on the highlighted links to get the movie schedule.
Town Center Stadium on Town Center Drive in Kennesaw is participating in Regal Theater's Summer Movie Express. Showing G or PG rated movies for only a $1 on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 10:00. Movies start June 5th through August 1st.
Park 12 Stadium Cinemas & Merchant's Walk Stadium Cinemas are hosting Georgia Theater Company's Summer Kid Show Series on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 10am. Doors open at 9:15. Tickets are $1, $1.50 Kid-Size Popcorn, $1.50 Kid-Sized Drinks. Movies start June 5th through end of July.
The Cobb County Libraries are showing FREE movies throughout the summer at various branches. Click on highlighted link to see schedule. If it its not posted, call the day of to get movie title.
- Central Library has "Movie Matinee" on Mondays & Wednesdays at 2pm beginning on June 4th through July 27th. Showing G or PG movies. No movie on July 2nd or 4th!
- Central Library also showing PG-13 movies for teens to adults on Mondays at 3pm.
- Hattie G Wilson Library will be showing movies on Wednesdays for school age children at 4pm. Starts June 6th until last Wednesday of July. No movie on July 4th!
- "Beat the Heat - Movies for Teens and Adults" at Mountain View Library on Saturdays in June & July at 2pm. For ages 13+ only! You may bring light refreshments.
- Stratton Library is showing G rated movies at 2:00pm on Thursdays in June and July. Feel free to bring a blanket and pillow and get comfortable.
- Page to Screen Series at Central Library every Monday afternoon in July at 3pm for a blockbuster movie based on a book. For ages Teen to adult only!
- July 16th bring the family out for "Family Night" at the Central Library at 7pm for a Mercer Mayer Short Film Festival - enjoy 3 short films based on the frog stories written by Mercer Mayer.
- "End of Summer Film Festival" starts July 30th through August 3rd at West Cobb Regional Library at 11:30am. Bring your lunch and enjoy the show! Open to all ages.
Beyond Cobb: Children's Summer Series at Studio Movie Grill on Holcomb Bridge Rd offering $1 tickets for kids $2 for adults Monday-Friday at 11am beginning May 8th through week of August 6th.