Track or Treat; Boxerstock Music Fest; Harvest Square Fest
Fall arts and crafts festival, costume contest, pumpkin patch and scarecrows on Marietta Square, Boxerstock Music Festival at Jim Miller Park, dinner at the Strand Theatre, "Smoke on the Mountain" at the Strand and more.
1. Oct. 20 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Visit Marietta Square for the 36th annual Harvest Square Festival. The Fall arts and crafts festival features a wide variety of unique handmade items from a local artist and craftsmen as well as Fall fun for the entire family.
The event also includes Halloween Happenings for children ages 10 and younger. The event takes place as part of Harvest Square and includes games, candy, prizes and a costume contest for children 12 and under. There is even a costume contest for pets. No registration is required for the costume contests.
2. Sunday, Oct. 21: The 5th annual Boxerstock Music Festival takes place on Oct. 21 from noon to 6pm at Jim Miller Park. The event features live music from both national and local acts in a variety of genres. Boxerstock is a family and dog-friendly event, welcoming well-behaved dogs of all breeds.
3. Oct. 18 at 6:30 p.m.: STRANDelicious, a dinner through the historic theater with food from 15 restaurants on Marietta Square. Guests will enjoy live entertainment on the rooftop terrace and a tasty tour of the theatre as the progressive dinner makes its way through the grand auditorium and special event rooms of The Strand.
4. Oct. 20 and Oct. 21: “Smoke on the Mountain” will be performed at the Strand Theatre. The ensemble cast is accompanied by three bluegrass virtuoso "cousins" on fiddle, bass, guitar, and mandolin as they perform over twenty of the best gospel tunes ever written. They will delight you with: Church in the Wildwood, Wonderful Time Up There, No Tears in Heaven, Jesus ls Mine, There is a Fountain Filled with Blood, Bringing in the Sheaves, Smoke on the Mountain, and numerous others.
5. Oct. 21 from 1:45 to 4 p.m.: Youth Track or Treat: The run at the Marietta High School will benefit the YWCA of Northwest Georgia’s Domestic Violence Shelter.