Top 10 Swim Finishes for Lassiter, Walton
The boys and the girls teams both were among the state's best at the Georgia High School Association finals this weekend.
The Lassiter High School and Walton High School swimming teams both finished in the Top 10 in the Georgia High School Association Class AAAAAA swimming meet Saturday at Georgia Tech.
The Trojans boys and girls each turned in 3rd-place showings, while the Raiders boys and girls both came in eighth place.
The 211 points by Lassiter trailed 234 for defending state champion Parkview and the 226 by Chattahoochee.
Lassiter senior Jimmy Yoder ended his illustrious high school career with four state titles, as the The Marietta Daily Journal details today, and Zach Bunner had two.
The Walton boys tallied 123 points while Wheeler had 11, good enough for 29th place out of the 34 teams participating.
On the girls side, Lambert and Peachtree Ridge finished first and second, with Lassiter earning 197 points. Walton had 127 points and Wheeler 24 for a 20th-place finish.
More here from the MDJ, which also has details of the Pope girls finishing sevent in the Class A-AAAAA meet. The Greyhounds boys were 22nd. The Kell girls were 22nd overall.
Here are the following state champion swimmers from East Cobb and Northeast Cobb Schools:
- Boys 200 Freestyle: Jimmy Yoder, Lassiter, 1:37.49
- Boys 200 Individual Medley: Zach Bunner, Lassiter, 1:50.51
- Girls 200 Individual Medley: Kira De Bruyn, Walton, 2:04.22
- Boys 100 Butterfly: Jimmy Yoder, Lassiter, 48.16 (State Record)
- Boys 200 Freestyle Relay: Lassiter (Daniel Bridgers, Zach Marshall, Zach Bunner, Jimmy Yoder), 1:.24.87
- Boys 100 Backstroke: Zach Bunner, Lassiter, 49.40
- Boys 400 Freestyle Relay, Lassiter (Daniel Bridgers, Zach Marshall, Zach Bunner, Jimmy Yoder), 3:06.12 (State Record)
Source: Georgia High School Association