Security Officers Interviewed at Cobb/Cherokee Career Center
Gather around the water cooler to discover what's happening in Northeast Cobb today, May 25.
1. Free talk and question-and-answer session with Sara Robinson of Life of Learning Foundation, tonight at the Unity North Atlanta Church. Robinson is a close associate of best-selling author Guy Finley. Letting Go author Guy Finley's ideas go straight to the heart of our most important personal and social issues -- relationships, success, addiction, stress, peace, happiness, freedom -- and lead the way to a higher life. Finley is Director of Life of Learning Foundation, the non-profit self-realization school in Merlin, Oregon, and his popular Key Lesson e-mails are read each week by 200,000 subscribers in 142 countries. 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m. Unity North Atlanta Church, Holy Ground Cafe, 4255 Sandy Plains Road. For more information, call 404-234-7637.
2. The Marietta Vocational Rehabilitation Center in collaboration with the Cobb/Cherokee Career Center will co-host a Voc Rehab Resume Workshop designed to reach individuals with a permanent physical or mental impairment, which interferes with the ability to work. Focus will be given to the design and development of resumes that will showcase their abilities. 10 a.m. - 12 noon. Marietta Vocational Rehabilitation Center, 877 Franklin Road, Suite 280. For more information, call 770-528-3435.
3. The Pollard Agency will interview applicants for Security Officer positions. To be considered, applicants are to have a High School Diploma/GED and a valid driver's license. Please obtain a referral for Job Order GA7945802 and bring your resume, employment history information, a pen and dress professionally. 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Cobb/Cherokee Career Center, 465 Big Shanty Road. For more information, call 770-528-6100.
4. Are you pregnant and considering home birth? The Atlanta Homebirth Meetup Group is community of people, private and professional, who promote homebirth while enjoying the company of a circle of like minded people. Working together we provide support and friendship to our members and strive to increase awareness of homebirth. Join them tonight at the 7 p.m. meeting located at 3660 Canton Road. For more information click here: The Atlanta Homebirth Meetup Group.
5. Barnes and Noble at the Town Center Prado is hosting a fiction Book Club at 6:30 p.m. May Book Club Selection: Don't Blink by James Patterson and Howard Roughan. About Don't Blink: New York's Lombardo's Steak House is famous for three reasons: the menu, the clientele, and now, the gruesome murder of an infamous mob lawyer. Seated nearby, reporter Nick Daniels captures a key piece of evidence that lands him in an all-out war. 50 Barrett Pkwy Suite 3000 Bldg. 3. For more information, call 770-422-2261.