Railroads Tamed the West Exhibit
What's happening in Northeast Cobb and surrounding communities.
1. Mountain View Regional Library has Babies Storytime 10 a.m. - 10:45 a.m., Ones Storytime 11 a.m. - 11:45 a.m., Book Group 10 a.m. - 10:45 a.m., and Storybook and Crafts 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Mountain View Library is located at 3320 Sandy Plains Rd.
2. Gritter's Library has Preschool Storytime 11 a.m. - 11:45 a.m., and Family Storytime 3:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Gritters Library is located at 880 Shaw Park Rd.
3. The Marietta Billiard Club offers free pool for women every Wednesday and Sunday after 6 p.m. During the weekdays amateur pools players are offered free pool game with purchase of lunch between hours of 12 noon to 3 p.m. 1355 Roswell Rd. For more information e-mail email@example.com or visit http://themariettabilliardclub.com.
4. The Cobb Marietta Retired Educators Association is holding a book club every Wednesday through Feb. 2. The featured book for the group is The Help by Kathryn Stockett. The book club meets at the Mountain View Library located at 3320 Sandy Plains Rd. For more information cal Bonnie Williams at 770-971-6130 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Railroads Tamed the West Exhibit. Railroads that Tamed the West will explore 19th Century America, when the West offered seemingly limitless bounty; gold, silver, land and immeasurable opportunity. In 1869 one of the greatest building achievements in history allowed a means of getting there, the Transcontinental Railway. Travel on the primitive railway was dangerous and often deadly. Bandits, renegades and hostile tribes threatened every trip. Thousands of miles of new track needed to be laid through untamed wilderness which would eventually open the West to commerce and civilization. Come explore the comprehensive history of the Western railroads! East Cobb Senior Center, 3332 Sandy Plains Rd. Registration required. 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. For more information call 770-509-4900 or click http://seniors.cobbcountyga.gov/facility_1_events.htm