SPLOST Funds Aquatic Improvements
The sales tax provided Northeast Cobb's Mountain View Aquatic Center with two dehumidification systems and an evacuator system.
During its Feb. 14 meeting, the Cobb County Board of Commissioners approved the purchase of two dehumidification systems and an evacuator system to improve air quality at the Mountain View Aquatic Center. The systems are funded by the 2011 Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST) program.
Commissioners also approved several actions as part of the 2011 SPLOST program, including:
- Accepting bids for the purchase of two replacement air trucks and two replacement ladder trucks for Cobb County Fire and Emergency Services.
- Authorizing the purchase of three replacement fire engines for Cobb County Fire and Emergency Services.
- Resurfacing 78 local streets generally north of State Route 120 totaling 17.16 miles at a cost of $2.4 million.
- Approved commencement of the renovation and window replacement at the former Superior Court North Building at 32 Waddell St. and the subsequent relocation of Juvenile Court to the facility.
- Approved starting the second phase of construction of the Senior Services Wellness Center at 1150 Powder Springs St.