The Cobb Alcohol Taskforce is marking National Alcohol Awareness Month tonight with a public forum on the damaging effects of underage and youth binge drinking and what we can do to solve the problem.
You can join the event from 7 to 8:30 in the second-floor boardroom at the Cobb County government building at 100 Cherokee St. But if you can't make it to Marietta Square, follow the forum live here on Patch.
You can discuss the forum and ideas of the expert panel in the comments below. If you have questions for the panel, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If something goes wrong with the live stream on Patch, you can watch the forum at this site as well, and it is on the county's cable TV station, Channel 23.
Here's tonight's panel:
- Cobb County Commissioner Helen Goreham of District 1 (Northwest Cobb).
- Dr. John D. Kennedy, the director of Cobb & Douglas Public Health.
- Cobb County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Lynda Coker.
- Cobb Juvenile Court Judge Greg Poole.
- Jeff Inman, the coordinator of the Cobb County School District’s Prevention Intervention Center.
- Georgia PTA President Donna Kosicki.