Last Chance: Cobb Poetry Contest
Submissions for the Mary Ellen Wright Memorial Poetry Contest are due by April 26.
The East Cobb Library is holding a poetry contest in memory of Mary Ellen Wright, an active library supporter who passed away in 2011. The contest is open to ages 9-17. Maryann Strossner, a private donor who wishes to honor the memory of her friend Mary Ellen, who loved the library and enjoyed poetry, provides funding for the contest.
- The contest is open to ages 9-17.
- Entrants may enter only one poem.
- All poems must be dropped off at the East Cobb Library. Entries will not be accepted after Thursday at 6 p.m.
- All entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
- Poems may be of any length, on any topic, and of any form.
There will be two winners; one from each age group:
- Ages 9-12: $25 prize
- Ages 13-17: $75 prize
For more information, visit: http://www.cobbcat.org/poetry-contest.