Kell Robotics and Cobb EMC LEGO Building Competition
Gather around the water cooler to discuss what's happening in Northeast Cobb.
1. If you're looking for something unique to do after work, check out the Kell Robotics and Cobb EMC LEGO Building Competition 6 p.m. at the Kell High School cafeteria, 4770 Lee Waters Road. 100 5th and 6th graders will compete for time and accuracy to win LEGO sets. Six building experts will advance from round one to win the big prizes. Free to watch.
2. Looking for restaurants to try this weekend? Paradise Grill located at 3605 Sandy Plains Road is a favorite spot for families, sports enthusiasts, little league teams, and locals who enjoy trivia in the bar. The fish sandwich is delicious. A wide menu selection.
If you prefer Mexican, Laredoes Bar and Grill located at 1050 East Piedmont Road has a four-star rating on most review sites.
3. Are you a Cobb County Republican woman? The Cobb County Republican Women's General Membership meeting and Buffet Luncheon takes place at the Hilton/Marietta Conference Center, 500 Powder Springs Street. The Program will be: FIELD OF FLAGS POPPY CEREMONY and STEVE PENLEY, one of the most celebrated artists in America. 11:30 a.m. - Social Networking Time, 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. Members: $22.00 and $27.00 for guests. Please RSVP by calling Cheryl Lenney at 404-276-4361 or email her at: Cjlenney@bellsouth.net
4. Rooftop terraces and bars aren't found only in Atlanta. You need to check out tonight's Brew With A View at The Earl Smith Strand Theatre's rooftop terrace. Tonight the terrace is featuring Brothers of the Ridge; Chris Barber and Brian Rosen make up the grassroots duo. Their catchy licks and solid grooves of their original material mixed in with classic favorites always makes for a great evening of music. Get a unique perspective of Glover Park and Marietta Square. The Strand’s terrace offers an unbeatable view and a variety of beverages you can enjoy. Meet with friends and enjoy a beverage and an incredible view of Glover Park and Kennesaw Mountain. No cover charge. Beer, wine and cocktails are available for purchase. Cash and credit accepted. 18+ to enjoy the view with friends. 21+ to enjoy alcoholic beverages. 6 p.m. - 10 p.m.
5. Choose electronics and shoes to recycle and take them to the Keep Cobb Beautiful's Electronics Recycling and Shoe Collection Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Jim Miller Park, 2245 Callaway Road. Items accepted at no charge include computers, microwaves, toasters, printers, video machines, camcorders, telephones, cameras, cell phones and scanners. Televisions will be accepted for a $10 fee. Volunteers will be collecting gently used shoes for Soles 4 Souls, a non-profit organization delivering shoes to those in need across the world. Organizers ask that shoes are tied or gently taped together. For more information, visit cobbcounty.org/kcb and giveshoes.org.