Hazmat Evacuation in East Cobb
Several people at a Terrell Mill Road medical training school were hospitalized Friday for exposure to chemical fumes.
Several people at an East Cobb medical training school were treated for exposure to a hazardous chemical on Friday morning and employees of other businesses at a Terrell Mill Road office building were evacuated as a precaution, according to WSB-TV.
According to the WSB report, Boyd said at least four of 13 people had been decontaminated after being exposed to Methacrylate Momoner at the Everest Institute, which is located at the Quintiles Building at 1600 Terrell Mill Road,
Boyd told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the fumes came from a vial of surgical bonding material in a trash can. Some of the victims were treated for nausea, vomiting, and eye and ear irritations, according to WSB.
Several Cobb Fire and Emergency vehicles were occupying a parking lot adjacent to the building, and traffic was blocked off at the intersection of Terrell Mill and Laurel Valley Drive.
Workers at the Quintiles Building were allowed to return inside around 12:30 p.m., and were taking water bottles left available on a table in the parking lot.
Return to Northeast Cobb Patch for more updates on this story.