Cards for Troops Program at Gritters Library
Gather around the water cooler to discuss what's happening in Northeast Cobb today, May 23.
1. The kids program Cards for Troops happens today at the Gritters Library. The public is invited to make cards for the troops who are stationed overseas. The library will provide paper, crayons, and markers. All ages will be invited to create these cards. Last year Cobb libraries made a lot of wonderful cards to be sent overseas. The soldiers received their cards on 4th of July. This is a special program - be a part of it! 10 a.m. 880 Shaw Park Road.
2. Mary Alice Monroe, a Book Exchange customer favorite, will discuss her latest release at 6:30 p.m. Monroe’s The Butterfly’s Daughter, is described as “a powerful tale of four women’s transformational journey that follows the path of monarch butterflies migrating across the United States to Mexico.” Joining Monroe will be Atlanta area non-fiction writer Renea Winchester, author of In The Garden With Billy: Lessons About Life, Love & Tomatoes. RSVP, $5 entry fee includes food, refreshments and lively discussion. 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. The Book Exchange, 2956 Canton Road.
3. Have you heard about Eclipz Hair Studio? Owner Penny Young has over 19 years cutting and styling hair for men, women, and children. She's offering a free haircut with a chemical process, or $5 off a haircut, for Northeast Cobb Patch readers. Tell Penny that you heard about the offer here. Eclipz Hair Studio is located in the Sprayberry Square Shopping Center, 2550 Sandy Plains Road, Suite 104. To make an appointment, call 770-605-8533.
4. Do you like to shop? You won't want to miss the ribbon cutting at the Gap located at The Avenue East Cobb. 9:30 a.m. To celebrate the grand opening of its newly remodeled store, shoppers will receive 25 percent off all purchases. The first 100 customers to visit the newly renovated Gap today will receive a 10 percent off VIP shopping pass valid for one year. Lastly, 2011 graduates can take 25 percent off their entire purchase Tuesday, May 24 - Sunday, May 29.
5. Senator Saxby Chambliss will speak at the Cobb Chamber of Commerce's 59th Annual Military Affairs Luncheon. 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. $50. Purchase to attend and/or honor a military representative by purchasing their meal at $50 each. Tables of 10 available for $500 (9 seats for purchaser and one seat for a military representative). Cobb Galleria Centre, Two Galleria Parkway, Atlanta. For more information, call 770-980-2000.